Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Love, Love, Love: Top Chef Masters

At any given time, if my TV is on, it's circulating between a small handful of channels, depending on what day of the week it is. But one network that I can almost always count on for mindless entertainment (minus the Law & Order marathon days they throw in once in a while) is Bravo. Between Real Housewives, Top Chef, Project Runway (RIP-I mean going to Lifetime...ok I meant RIP), Millionaire Matchmaker, etc., it's just a mashup of so many guilty pleasures rolled into a delicious network.

Having said that, sometimes, it just doesn't have to be all about the drama (gasp!). With Top Chef Masters, Bravo manages to put together an impressive lineup of well-established and renowned chefs, and have them do what they love to do: cook AMAZING food. They do this under the constraints of the usual crazy Top Chef challenges, so that they can earn money for well-deserving charities of their choice. There's no screaming and drunken snide comments, no awkward love stories, just great chefs showing what they're capable of doing.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the regular Top Chef seasons, and I loooove me some Tom Colicchio with his "Keep it Simple" sass. But sometimes, you just want a show with more substance than a phallic Cheeto amuse- bouche. (Photo courtesy of justhungry.com)

Top Chef Masters airs Wednesday nights at 10:00pm on Bravo.

1 comment:

  1. I happen to enjoy the Law & Order marathons... much to Brian's dismay.

    ReplyDelete