Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Review: Hank's Oyster Bar, Round 2

After being DENIED at Hello Cupcake, we figured we'd make the most of coming out to Dupont and go to dinner at Hank's Oyster Bar. Quite the derailment of plans, considering all I was planning on was a free cupcake, but hey, it was close and not crowded, count me in.



Grilled Baby Octopus, Sliced Baby Potatoes
We started with one of the daily small plate specials, grilled baby octopus with sliced baby potatoes. I thought the octopi were decent, charred well, had a nice chew without being like a piece of old Bubble-yum (not a fan of too-chewy octopi). The potatoes were undercooked so I didn't eat them after the first bite.


Fried Oyster Platter, Coleslaw, Fries

For my entree: A Monstrosity of fried-ness. I love oysters, but I definitely didn't think this one through well enough. Eating 2 or 3 fried oysters is one thing, but having a GIANT plate of them is another. Also, it's not like taking them home would be that great since they are fried. Tasted great, but I wouldn't get this again unless I was with 4 other people that all loved fried oysters and wanted to split this, haha. The coleslaw (which you can't even see under the oysters at the top of the photo haha), was really good, vinegar-based, not mayo-based.

Fish Tacos

T got another daily special, the fish tacos, which came in what I believe is the Wal-mart silver letter holder/organizer... why do I say this? Because I had the EXACT same one in college, haha. It was a cute presentation though, and really good for holding the tacos intact. The fish tacos came with fresh salsa, avocado, and crema.

Finished off the meal with complimentary chocolate pieces, it was overall a tasty meal that made me feel less angry about traveling to Dupont to be denied a free cupcake.

1 comment: