Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Review: Halloween & Peanut Butter Oreos



  • I Paid: $5.00 for both (2/$6.00 on sale, + $1.00 off coupon, at Giant)


  • Description: Halloween Oreo, 5 Boo-rific shapes, Same great taste; Peanut Butter Oreo


Oreos were never my favorite snack growing up- probably because we never really had them in our house.  Every once in a while I'd want them and buy a snack-pack of Oreos in high school or at the supermarket.  Nowadays though, it's warped into a full-on obsession for me.  I "had" to get these non-traditional Oreos to try them out, for the sake of blogging- riiiiiiiiight. 

First, the Halloween Oreos.  This won't be so much of a review since the basic Oreo taste is there- just orange coloring in the cream and different patterns on the cookies.  So they obviously taste great, if you like regular Oreos to begin with, haha.  I think these would be a fun variation to use for recipes that include Oreos, to switch up the color a little. 

Secondly, we have the Peanut Butter Oreos.  These were a little surprising based on what I assumed they would taste like.  I figured it was going to be the same cream filling, with a slight peanut butter taste to them.  These were more like, full-on peanut butter paste, Nutter Butter style.  Since they're both made by Nabisco, I wouldn't be too surprised if they just used the Nutter Butter filling for these Oreos.  I think these would be great crushed up on top of ice cream or used in a peanut butter cake/pie-type recipe.

Final verdict?  The Halloween Oreos are a fun change from the regular Oreos and I would definitely get them again.  I liked the Peanut Butter Oreos, but probably not enough to buy a whole pack again.     

1 comment: