Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Review: Ritz Crackerfuls

  • I Paid: $2.00 (with a coupon at Giant)
  • Description: Crackerfuls Four Cheese. Made with Real Cheese & 5g Whole Grain per serving.

I bought these for a few reasons: a) I had a coupon; b) They are new; c) I wanted a non-granola bar option to keep in my office at work.

This product seems to be marketed towards a more mature/healthy option-seeking snacking audience, based on the packaging and presentation. Each of the cracker sandwiches are enclosed in their own paper sleeve to keep them from crumbling. Didn't work out so well though, because the one I opened had already been cracked on both ends. Well, it was worth a try, Ritz. According to the scary long list of ingredients, the 4 cheeses are: Cream Cheese, Parmesean Cheese, Mozzerella Cheese, and Cheddar Cheese. I guess I have to believe it, since the cheese is more like a cheese spread that doesn't really taste like the classy melding of four artisan cheeses like the box photo would have you think- haha.

I won't beat around the bush on this one- Upon my first bite I literally thought to myself "OMG it's that thing with the red stick". These cracker sandwiches taste EXACTLY like Handi-Snacks. Yes, Handi-Snacks, as in the cracker and "cheese" dip combo pack that came with the thin red schmearing wand from when we were little. This fancypants packaging cannot disguise that what you've made is literally an adult Handi-Snack!!

That being said, this Crackerful wasn't all that bad. It's portion controlled, the cracker itself is tasty for a whole-grain version, and it's office-cabinet-storage-friendly. It's a good mid-day snack option that beats paying for overpriced vending machine snacks, for sure. Also, if you're a fan of reliving childhood lunch snack items like the Handi-Snacks, this will be right up your alley, although sans red wand.

No comments:

Post a Comment