Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Anna Sui/Gossip Girl for Target Collection



More orange-y in person.

Considering how excited I was for a Gossip Girl-Target-Anna Sui mashup, I have to say the Anna Sui for Target collection was a pretty big disappointment.  There were a number of cute-seeming pieces online, but they either: A) were not so cute in person; or B) were not available.  I checked three different Targets when the collection first came out, and it seemed like each one had a limited/different selection with the exception of a few overlapping pieces.

I got the Starburst Top above because I liked the design and the piping along the collar.  I thought about wearing it to work but the color is really really bright- not too sure about that yet.  It does go well with dark jeans, under cardigans, etc. though.

Overall, the pieces that I did see at Target were sort of meh with a touch of wtf for the prices.  I realize the pieces were specifically made for Target so you're not getting luxury materials, but still.  I find cute stuff at Forever 21 that are cuter, fit better, and cost way less than some of these pieces.       

No comments:

Post a Comment