Monday, November 23, 2009

Recipe: Giada DiLaurentiis' Peanut Butter Granola Bars


Mise en place.

I saw this recipe for Peanut Butter Granola Bars on an episode of Giada's show maybe 2 or 3 Saturdays ago- it was a kids-themed episode, but these looked really tasty.  Peanut butter + chocolate, woo!

The recipe was pretty straightforward, although looking back on it I'm not really sure why the recipe says to spray the pan, put parchment paper in the pan, and then re-spray over the paper.  Seemed a little excessive to me, and it was, especially since I had to deal with a greasy pan afterwards (defeating the purpose of using parchment paper to begin with).  If I make these again I'll probably just skip the pan-spray step as it was unnecessary with my glass Pyrex pan. 

 

PB-tastic!

The bars took a little longer than the recommended 15 minutes to get "golden"- closer to 20-25 minutes.  Once they had cooled down for a while, I cut into them and found them to be v. crumbly and difficult to cut into.  Some of the commenters noted that cutting back on the butter might help with this, so I'll probably try that next time.  Taste-wise these were great, assuming you are a fan of peanut butter.  That was the dominant smell/taste for sure in these bars.  The good thing about these is that you can adjust with mix-ins as you please- maybe put in dried fruit (for a PB & J-type bar), walnuts, white chocolate chips, chopped candy bars, etc.  It's an easy and fun recipe for a great little snack!  

No comments:

Post a Comment