Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Georgetown Cupcake - Bethesda Row Opening Day!

Georgetown Cupcake opened its Bethesda Row location on Sunday, November 22nd, and of course you know I wouldn't miss being there for opening day!  I headed over to the area around 10:00am, and there was 1 woman standing outside.  After stopping in the Barnes & Noble cafe down the street, the line had grown into about 4 more people, so I figured I'd get in line. 




Cute GC Balloons.


 

Ribbon-Cutting (unfortunately I was directly behind them, haha)

 

Inside the store!


 

Display Cupcakes.

 

The line after I got my cupcakes.


 

The line went all the way down, past the car behind the red car!
 

Top Row: Red Velvet, Pumpkin Spice; Bottom Row: Peanut Butter Fudge, Vanilla2.

I'm glad I got there early- I had to wait close to an hour before the store opened, but it was well worth the wait!  Especially since as the hour went on, the line kept getting longer and longer, and I was happily standing 5th in line.  They were giving away one free cupcake to each person, so my box above is 1 free + 3 I paid for, to bring home for Thanksgiving. 

A few things that I noticed about this Georgetown Cupcake location: 1) It's bigger.  Not by much, but noticably bigger and easier to maneuver around in.  2) They have separate Entrance and Exit doors, which keeps the line moving quickly and less bumping into each other, haha.  3) They put the cash register NEXT to the display cupcakes, which makes a lot more sense than the Georgetown location of behind the display.  I always hated reaching back and forth over the towers of cupcakes to pay, it feels so awkward.  Also, it helps keep the line moving- you look at what flavors are available, then order and pay once you've decided and moved through the line to the register.

It wouldn't take a genius to figure out that I am SO SO SO SO excited to have a Georgetown Cupcake store in downtown Bethesda- much easier for me to get to, parking/metro-wise, and in an area that is really perfect for the business (lots of restaurants, lots of families, heavy pedestrian traffic).  Also, they're open on Mondays, which the original location currently is not (although they will be once they move to their new location on 33rd & M).  If you haven't been yet and you're in the area- check it out!!  

Georgetown Cupcake at Bethesda Row
4834 Bethesda Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814



4 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!! Can't wait to hopefully visit the new location!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gross-terrible cupcakes. Not worthy of the TV show or the wait in line.

    ReplyDelete