Monday, January 18, 2010

Christmas Strawberry Roll Cake

Sorry for still having Christmas posts, I'm trying to get them all up before the end of January at the latest, haha. 

While I was home for Christmas, my mom and I decided to make a Japanese strawberry roll cake.  It's a variation of a Japanese strawberry shortcake, which is super popular in Japan (and many Japanese bakeries/cafes in the US also).  It's not too difficult to make, but definitely time-consuming and I don't really know if I could pull this off just on my own, to be honest.  My mom has made it for years so she's a pro at it by now.  It's basically a yellow sponge cake with fresh strawberries and fresh whipped cream. 

We decided to make a roll cake version so that we could shape it like a Buche de Noel, since it was Christmas and all.  The cake was delicious- it did not take long for just two of us to work our way through this cake, haha!  Hope you enjoy the photos :o)    






 

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow - that looks incrediable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Looks delish too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yummy! That looks so good...I've only ever mastered the pumpkin roll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks sooo good and cute! *drools*

    ReplyDelete