Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mini Review: Cop Out Movie

I recently had the chance to attend a free advanced screening of "Cop Out", again thanks to the National Museum of Crime and Punishment.  Honestly, I had pretty low expectations for this movie, but figured I'd go cus it was free, haha.  Mostly because Tracey Morgan sort of annoys me, and I knew he was a major character in this film. 

Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised by this movie.  It was pretty funny for most of the film, and everyone in the theatre was laughing pretty much through the whole thing.  It still has the usual "buddy cop" plot points so there probably won't be any surprises for most people.  Still, the story was interesting enough and like I said, was funnier than I expected it to be.  I was surprised to find out that Kevin Smith directed it, but it makes sense cus it was filled with pretty crude jokes, and had Jason Lee in it, haha. 

I'm not going to tell you all to run out and see it, but if you're in the mood for something light and silly, go for it, haha.  "Thank you!" to the museum for the chance to see it! The movie is out nationwide this Friday, 2/26. 

2 comments:

  1. wow...another movie for free...is this open to the public?just curious...hehe....I haven't watch movies for a long time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @adin_22: The movie comes out Friday nationwide- as far as free screenings, I think there are sites that you can sign up to get free advanced screening passes, I've heard.

    ReplyDelete