Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Recipe Review: Cooking Light Magazine's Classic Banana Bread


Mise en place

As long as I keep buying bananas with the intention of eating them for breakfast, I am pretty much guaranteed to need new recipes for overripe bananas, haha.  This recipe comes courtesy of Cooking Light magazine, which I've been a subscriber of for about 2 years or so now.  I don't always remember to make all the recipes that I like in the magazines when I get them, so it was nice to check one off the "list".  One minor substitution was made; I used non-fat plain yogurt instead of low-fat plain yogurt- which hey, doesn't hurt since it's better for you anyway, right?     


 

Crack-ly.


 

Check out the height on this bread!

The recipe came together easily and smelled SO GOOD (provided that you like banana bread, ha).  As you can see in the photos above, the bread turned out HUGE.  Nice and crackly top, great height- I gotta admit this was a great looking banana bread :o)  I brought the bread in whole to work the following morning, and got lots of good reviews on it.  I think my co-workers appreciated that I brought in something "lighter", since many New Year's resolutions are still in place at this time, haha. 

Final thoughts?  The banana bread did not taste "light" at all, was still great the next day, especially when it was warmed up a little, and will definitely be on my "keep" list of recipes.  This is a great bread for many occasions: Brunch, afternoon snack with tea, or sliced up, wrapped, and frozen for a quick microwaveable breakfast option later on.     

No comments:

Post a Comment