Thursday, February 18, 2010

Review: Qdoba's Craft 2 Meal

Many people are v. adamant about what camp they are in, in terms of fast-food Mexican options. Qdoba, ChipotleBaja Fresh, and California Tortilla are just a few of the options in the DC metro area, and each one has its rabid fans/haters alike.  Me personally?  Besides Baja Fresh, I love them all!  I think Chipotle, Qdoba, and CalTort all bring different things to the table (so to speak) and I've pretty much always loved all three places since I moved here. 

That being said, Qdoba is winning major brownie points (slash burrito points?) with me once they started their Qdoba Craft Your Life contest to promote their new Craft 2 menu options.  Basically you play a fun game of M/A/S/H online, then try to win a variety of prizes every time you enter (1x/day).  It can be a free Craft 2 entree, Free drink with purchase, Buy one get one free, etc.  Luckily for me, the first time playing resulted in a Free Craft 2 with Drink Purchase- Woo!!   


 
Tortilla Soup, Naked Burrito Bowl 

As you can see, the Craft 2 options are much smaller than their regular menu options.  The bowls that the soup and Naked Burrito are in are roughly the size of ice cream/cereal bowls you might find in a cafeteria.  Despite the small size, they literally will let you pack in as many additional toppings as they would for a regular-size entree, which is pretty nice.  I got the soup with chicken added, and the Naked Burrito with chicken, almost all the salsas, and lettuce.  I had the Naked Burrito for dinner that night, and saved the soup for lunch the next day.  The size is perfect for me- normally if I eat a regular Naked Burrito, it's so good that I can't leave anything on the plate and I feel like I might die (happily, I might add) for the rest of the night, haha.  This is just the right amount for me to get my Qdoba fix without overstuffing myself.  The soup was also v. good- I wasn't sure what to expect since I'd never had their Tortilla soup before.  it was spicy and great for lunch the next day.   

There are lots of different combinations that you can have with the Craft 2 menu - including a quesadilla, salad, taco, etc.  I will definitely be back to try more Craft 2 meal options v. soon!  

And, just because I was super excited about getting the free meal slash proof that the coupons work:   


  
Total $1.59.  BOOYAH.

5 comments: