Friday, February 12, 2010

Review: Vosges Oaxaca Bar



One item that N got me as part of my Christmas gift was this Vosges Oaxaca bar.  I've never tried this specific flavor so I was excited to try it out.  It was the perfect size for taste-testing, just a little bigger than a credit card.

The bar consists of bittersweet chocolate with guajillo and pasilla chilies, among other ingredients.  The bittersweet chocolate definitely stands out- it's more of a... well, bitter flavor, haha.   There wasn't much heat in the chocolate- more of a slow low burn at the back of my throat after finishing the bar.  It packed a lot of flavor into such a little bar, even if I was expecting it to be overly spicy from the get-go.  I would get this bar again, especially since it's the perfect size for a little treat.  Thanks N for a yummy gift!

1 comment: