Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Japanarama Review: Koala's March Winter Maple Milk Flavor


Koala-rama

Koala's March cookies have always been one of my favorite childhood snacks.  They are little crispy nubbins of a thin cookie shell, filled with milk chocolate.  And yes, each one has a different koala design on it- usually doing random things like playing tennis, or dressed in a costume of some sort.  Over the years, they've made many variations in terms of flavor, usually temporary ones for that season or special occasion.  One of those limited flavors would be the Winter Maple Milk above.  When I opened the package, it definitely had a sweet, strong, syrupy smell.  The koalas themselves were darker due to the cocoa powder, I'm assuming.  Sort of funny since they looked like they'd been hitting the tanning booths a little too much, ha.  The insides were a white chocolate based filling that was v. sweet, almost like eating solid sweetened condensed milk.  These are a cute little snack that are good for a small chocolate fix.  These were v. sweet, even more so than the regular chocolate ones, but I'm glad I tried out a season flavor.  You can usually find Koala's March boxes at Asian supermarkets, or even International/Asian sections of large supermarkets.           

5 comments:

  1. I love these Koala cookies! I'll have to check these out...hmmm.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too! One of my favorite Japanese snacks. And if you get these, don't get the Hello Panda ones..similar, but not the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable....I need to go on a grocery store hunt to find them ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ashley: I'm pretty sure even Wegmans and other big stores carry the regular flavored ones in the "International" section, you should def go check!

    ReplyDelete