Friday, October 29, 2010

Baked & Wired Goodies



As much as you'll see posts about Georgetown Cupcake over and over again on here, there are a few other places that I also enjoy- one of them being Baked & Wired in Georgetown.  It's tucked away on a side street, away from the madness that can be M Street with all the shops and restaurants.  I love the atmosphere, baked goods, and the iced mocha especially, haha.  

I picked these up during the Taste of Georgetown a few weekends ago - such a fun day of sampling treats and enjoying the weather!  The cupcakes are Strawberry (vanilla cake with fresh strawberries folded in the batter finished with a swirl of pink buttercream) and Pumpkin Spice (pumpkin cake topped with a pumpkin spiced cream cheese frosting), and the bar in the front is the Bee Sting (shortbread cookie topped with sliced almonds and honey).  I've had and loved the Strawberry cupcake before, but never had their Pumpkin Spice cupcake- it was great!  Everything you could want from a pumpkin item - moist and delicious, without that overwhelming "spice" flavor you sometimes come across with pumpkin baked goods.  Delicious!   I also really enjoyed the Bee Sting, more than I thought I would initially.  I loved the crunch of the sliced almonds with the rich, buttery shortbread underneath, plus the honey for sweetness and to hold it all together.  I would love to make this at home!  This was fantastic as a snack with a cup of hot tea :o)  I'm glad I got to try two new items from this cute bakery/coffeeshop, and encourage you to check it out if you're in the area!



1051 Thomas Jefferson Street NW (between 30th and 31st)
Washington, DC 20007
202.333.2500

4 comments: