Friday, February 4, 2011

Momofuku Milk Bar Cookies



My love of all things Momofuku, chef David Chang's delicious empire in NYC, should not be a surprise to anyone.  So clearly during my day trip to NYC over the holidays a stop in Momofuku Milk Bar was on the agenda!  Luckily, there's an outpost of Milk Bar that's conveniently located in Midtown, close to where we were. 

As much as I wanted to get "one of everything", I picked up three cookies this time, because they were the easiest to carry back to NJ, haha.  I got a Compost cookie (top left), Corn cookie (middle), and a Peanut Butter cookie (top right).  For those of you unfamiliar with the famous Compost cookie, here's a post from The Amateur Gourmet with the recipe.  It's a rediculous and delicious cookie, packed with sweet, salty, smooth, crunchy EVERYTHING, haha.  The corn and peanut butter cookies were a little less exciting but still yummy.  The strength of both of these cookies is in the pure flavor- the corn cookie really tastes like a sweeter cornbread, baked until the edges are crisp, whereas the peanut butter cookie smells and tastes like pure roasted peanuts (with chopped peanuts throughout).  I would definitely get any of these cookies again - assuming I didn't already get too many cake slices, cake balls, or soft-serve.  I would wholeheartedly recommend a stop in the Milk Bar for anyone that's visiting NYC! 



Momofuku Milk Bar- Midtown
15 W. 56th Street (between 5th and 6th)
New York, NY 10019    

No comments:

Post a Comment