Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fran's Chocolates, Seattle



On a recent trip to Seattle, my mom got me two boxes of goodies from Fran's Chocolates.  I hadn't heard of these before, which my mom seemed surprised by, since "The Obamas love these, you should know what these are".  Well then, maybe I should go walk over to the White House and see if they'd like any? Haha.

In the photo above is their 12-piece assorted truffles set, which includes: pure dark, pure milk, bittersweet, dark chocolate espresso, milk chocolate espresso, oolong tea, orange, single malt whisky, raspberry, hazelnut crunch, and dark chocolate caramel truffles.  These truffles are small but pack a flavorful punch- each of the ones I tried had a distinct flavor and were v. tasty!




I also received these grey and smoked sea salt caramels, which really did taste like salted caramel - no muddled flavors here!  They were just the right size for an intense flavor like this.  Overall I really enjoyed both the truffles and the salted caramels and look forward to checking out the store next time I'm visiting Seattle.  If you're a fan of chocolates, I'd definitely recommend checking them out!

3 comments: