Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tout de Sweet Macarons



I recently stopped in Tout de Sweet, located in Bethesda, since I was nearby and felt like a little snack.  After a little deliberation, I picked up a hazelnut and vanilla macaron, since they looked cute and were easy to take home, haha.


 


Although these may look enormous, it's just my extreme zoom work, haha.  Both of the macarons were about 1-2 bites worth in reality.  However, I found myself eating the vanilla macaron with as many small bites as possible- it was delicious!  Not artificial or super sweet tasting - this vanilla tasted like a really good vanilla custard almost, with lots of vanilla bean flavor.  Texture-wise, I'm not an expert on macarons, but they had a crisp exterior with a chewy inside.  The filling in the middle was smooth and creamy- it didn't taste like thick frosting or anything like that.  I enjoyed the other macaron too, but really really liked the vanilla one.  I'll definitely get the vanilla one again, and probably a few new flavors as well! 


Tout de Sweet
7831 Woodmont Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
301.951.0474

3 comments:

  1. They do look delicious! Love the breamy filling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Maris: They were tasty!

    @Ashley: I know, can't wait either!

    ReplyDelete