Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Restaurant 3 - Week o' Bacon Dinner

Anyone that is a fan of bacon and living in the DC area should definitely check out Restaurant 3's week o' bacon!  From October 13 - 22nd, the restaurant has a Bacon Fest at their bar, a bacon curing class, and a special $30 3-course bacon infused menu.  My friend T and I went to check out the 3-course dinner last Friday evening and it was great! 




For the first course in the bacon menu, you can choose from the following:
- Wedge salad
- Bacon noodle soup
- Bacon crusted chicken wings.

I went with the wings because they sounded the most interesting: "Our smoked chicken wings but breaded
and fried with a Panko Bread crumb & ground bacon coating tossed in a bacon buffalo sauce".  These wings were crispy and delicious!  I loved the idea of ground bacon being used to coat wings, and these were really tasty.  You also get a pretty large portion for an appetizer.



The second course had two choices:
- Country fried bacon
- Bacon wrapped pork loin.

I went with the bacon wrapped pork loin: "wrapped with pulled pork & Bacon, bacon & cornbread stuffing,
beer braised bacon brussels sprouts".  The pork was delicious and not dry at all.  I also really enjoyed the bacon and cornbread stuffing, it was a little sweet but went well with the pork.  The only Miss in my opinion was the brussels sprouts- they were soggy and not very appetizing at all.  I would've much preferred a different technique for them like oven baking or pan-frying, to get a little more crispness and texture to the plate. 



Finally, the dessert, the Bacon studded waffle: "a waffle with bacon bits mixed in the batter, topped with maple bacon ice cream and whipped cream, and yes the ice cream is made with bacon".  I really like the maple bacon ice cream a lot, it had such a great balance from the maple and the bacon flavors.  

There's only a few days left, but if you get a chance, definitely check out their menu.  If I had to pick one dish, I'd highly recommend the wings for sure!  


Restaurant 3 Bar and Grill
2950 Clarendon Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
703.524.4440or on Open Table

4 comments:

  1. I should mention that I consulted with my cardiologist, Dr. "S" after said Bacon Extravaganza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to know everyone loves bacon too :o)

    ReplyDelete