Thursday, December 15, 2011

Seattle - Hello, Cupcake + Yellow Leaf Cupcake Co.



I spotted Hello, Cupcake after we were at the Museum of Glass, so of course I had to stop in and check it out.  The store itself is adorable, with lots of pastel details, little cupcake-related goods for sale, and of course, lots of cupcakes.  I picked up three mini cupcakes: chocolate with vanilla frosting, vanilla with chocolate frosting, and pumpkin.  These cupcakes were good, but not great.  They were a little dry which was surprising considering that small cupcakes tend to not be as dry due to their size alone.  I'm glad I stopped in though to check it out.





During my visit, I HAD to make sure to hit up Yellow Leaf Cupcake Co. again- SO good!!

On the left we have the English Breakfast with Cream cupcake, and Sweet Potato Pie on the right.  Both of these were REALLY good.  I especially love the light whipped consistency of their frosting, so so so good.  Any chance I get to try tea-based baked goods, I'm all in - and this one was really great.  The sweet potato cake was rich but not too sweet, and a great way to celebrate fall.  If you're a fan of interesting flavor combinations like these two above, you'll love this place!

2 comments:

  1. The breakfast tea cupcake sounds great! I wonder what they do to get their frosting so light and airy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shannon: Not sure, but I hope they never stop making their frosting like that haha.

    ReplyDelete