Friday, January 6, 2012

Take Time to Unplug

In thinking about some changes that I'd like to implement this year - so, resolutions without actually being yearly resolutions - I thought of something that I would like to try out for myself.

I've found that my daily routine is pretty, well, routine - usually some variation of dinner (in or out), working out if I'm not out, watching tv, playing around on my iPad, laundry every week or so.  The addition of my new iPhone to the mix has only added as an extra distraction to my daily downtime, haha.

So, I've decided to try out an hour of "unplugging" every day to see how it goes.  "Unplugging" for me will include not using my phone, iPad, laptop, or tv for an hour.  I know it sounds unnecessary but seriously, I even check my phone or iPad while I'm eating dinner.  So, hopefully this change will also help me to actually step away from technology for a little bit, maybe even read the piles of books that I have around, haha.

Have you taken a moment to unplug today?

6 comments:

  1. You are very brave! I don't think I could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not yet, but I usually "unplug" while walking (try to anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea! I do take time to read but probably not for an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea! I'm sure if I really put effort into it I could unplug for an hour and I'm sure it'll help me read some books too! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I'm unplugged probably too much! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments everyone, I hope you all have some time to unplug in your day also!

    ReplyDelete