Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Boloco - Bethesda


Bethesda already has a ton of restaurant/food options packed into the downtown area, but it's always exciting to try out a new place.  Boloco took over the old Baja Fresh location, which is fine by me since I've never been a huge fan of Baja Fresh haha.  N took me as her guest to Boloco's pre-opening party which was great, and allowed us to try out a good chunk of their pretty extensive menu.  Luckily I didn't have to wait too long after that to try it out for a real meal!

M and I met up for dinner here, and the hardest part may have been narrowing down what to actually order, haha.  They have touch-screen menus that guide you through the ordering process, allowing people to completely customize just about every aspect of their meal.  It reminded me a lot of the fun MTO screens at Sheetz, haha.  

I wound up getting a Small bowl of Tikka Masala with creamy masala sauce, brown rice, steak, corn salsa, mango salsa, and lettuce.  The masala sauce was really great and I loved the texture of both salsas as well.  The ability to customize your order really goes hand in hand with their "globally inspired" theme.

I really love the multiple size options at Boloco - you can order a 2 Mini burrito bundle, Mini burrito or bowl, Small burrito or bowl, or Original burrito or bowl.  This also goes for their shakes, which enables me to order a Nutella shake (!!!) without it being ginormous haha.  In a family-oriented area like Bethesda, I'm sure the sizing options will be a hit with young children as well. 

I will definitely be back again to try out different combinations!


Boloco Bethesda
4930 Elm Street
Bethesda, MD 20814





No comments:

Post a Comment