Monday, September 30, 2013

Sweetgreen - September Salad



I enjoy Sweetgreen's salads, but I never quite get around to eating them as much as I'd like.  If they had one by my work I would definitely be here more often for lunch! 

On a recent visit to the Mosaic District shopping center in Virginia, I decided to pop in to Sweetgreen to try their September salad, which I had heard about from their e-newsletter.  The September salad consists of "organic mesclun + shredded kale with 'true blue' maryland crab, green and red peppers, raw corn, avocado and spicy sunflower seeds; topped with a carrot chili vinaigrette".  This salad was delicious! Besides the obviously tasty crab, I loved the mix of the crunchy peppers, corn, and creamy avocado.  I really enjoyed this salad and I'm very glad I got to try it while it was available.  I look forward to seeing what they have in store for the October salad :o) 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed it too! I was a bit skeptical of the dressing but after a few bites, I was in love!

    ReplyDelete