Thursday, June 19, 2014

Seattle Visit - Afternoon Tea

While I was in Seattle back in May, I took my mom out for afternoon tea at the Fairmont Olympic hotel in downtown Seattle.  I was a little worried that it would totally empty (I'm not sure how many people actually go to afternoon tea these days), but there turned out to be a number of other guests also enjoying the tea as well, including a big bridal shower group.   




The service was attentive but not overbearing, and the selection of foods we were served were a nice mix of savory and sweet.  I especially liked the cute passion fruit macaron lollipops and the open-faced smoked salmon sandwiches.  I tried the 1907 blend which was made for a Fairmont hotel anniversary, which was bolder than my mom's Darjeeling (she tends to like lighter flavored teas), and I enjoyed it a lot. 




A nice surprise at the end of our tea was this plate of fresh chocolate-dipped strawberries with a candle and mother's day message!  It was a great way to celebrate Mother's day one day early with my mom and cap off a tasty afternoon tea. 






The Fairmont Olympic 
411 University Street 
Seattle,WA 98101 


No comments:

Post a Comment