Friday, August 7, 2015

Santouka Ramen - Tsukemen




I'm a big fan of the ramen at Santouka in Bellevue, WA, and try to go there at least once when I visit my family.  I normally stick with one of the ramen choices on the menu, but on my last visit in July I decided to try out their Tsukemen, where the noodles are in a separate bowl, and they get dipped into the slightly thicker broth.

I'm really happy that I tried out the Tsukemen at Santouka - it was DELICIOUS!  Because the broth is thicker, it really coats the noodles well and still maintains the chewy texture of the thick noodles.  The broth bowl included most of the toppings that the regular ramen does, so there's a lot to eat in the thick broth.  From what I recall, it includes the chashu (pork), menma (bamboo shoots), negi (green onion) and the best part, the aji-tama (marinated soft-boiled egg).  Seriously though, I don't even like most preparations of eggs but the aji-tama gets me every time, it's so so good. Some people might be thrown off by the thick broth compared to "regular" ramen, but I really love the strong flavor in every bite!  I will definitely be including the Tsukemen to my regular rotation whenever I go to Santouka moving forward :o)    


Hokkaido Ramen Santouka - Bellevue
103 Bellevue Way NE
Suite 3 
Bellevue, WA 98004

No comments:

Post a Comment