Friday, September 4, 2015

Nestle Toll House + Pretzel Cookies




Happy Friday! What better way to celebrate than with delicious cookies! I recently bought a "college dorm" gift bag at Whole Foods because it was a great deal for a bag full of items that I use.  Included in the gift bag was a big bag of pretzel sticks, which I thought would be perfect in a chocolate chip cookie!  

I used the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe on the back of the bag of chocolate chips, halved the original recipe since I don't need FIVE DOZEN cookies haha, and added a generous bowl-ful of crushed pretzel sticks to the dough.  I made sure that the pretzel sticks were small enough to get distributed evenly in the dough, but large enough that you can still see them.  These cookies turned out great, and the pretzel pieces added a lot of texture and a slight salty taste to the sweet cookies. They were a big hit at work and I would definitely make these again! 

2 comments: