Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Bon Matcha - Matcha and Sakura Soft Serve

I finally had a chance to try the soft serve at Bon Matcha after seeing their perfect-looking soft serve swirls on Instagram, and I'm happy to say that it looks even better in person! 

 

This cone consists of a swirl of their matcha green tea soft serve + the new seasonal flavor, sakura cherry blossom!  I liked that it was a real cherry blossom flavor, and not just cherries as a lot of restaurants and shops tend to do around cherry blossom season.  It's a very light and not too flowery taste (like a lavender or rose) which I prefer, and to me it had a hint of a salty taste, which is always in Japanese sakura mochi and other sweets from the preserved cherry blossoms.


Bon Matcha also serves a few drinks, and this seasonal menu was too cute!  In addition to these sakura menu items, I believe there's a few matcha-based drinks on the regular menu as well.  You may have to wait or find a way to kill some time as their soft serve availability doesn't seem to be very consistent yet, so be prepared or plan on grabbing food somewhere nearby just in case.  But make sure you go because the soft serve is totally worth it!


Bon Matcha
1928 I St NW
Washington, DC 20006 

(attached to Poppa Box)

No comments:

Post a Comment